Chemical engineering, biotechnology and bioprocessing are more important than ever to meet current challenges thus as climate change, circular economy or pharmaceutical production.
To enable an international scientific exchange despite restrictions that are expected to be still in place in September 2021, the 13th European Congress of Chemical Engineering and 6th European Congress of Applied Biotechnology from 20-23 September 2021 will go virtual!
The submission deadline has been extended to 15 March for presentations and 31 March for posters. For further information please have a look at the section Call for Papers/Topics.
We will exploit the opportunities a virtual event offers to stimulate a truly European and global dialogue among scientists from industry, university and research institutions from Europe and beyond. Promoting interdisciplinary exchange and the transfer from research to industrial applications, ECCE and ECAB cover the whole range of relevant topics from laboratory research via process development and chemical reaction engineering to challenges from industrial practice and overarching topics such as quality management and education. A virtual poster exhibition with opportunities for discussion, interactive workshops and panel discussions as well as high-ranking plenary presentations complement the scientific program.
Features of ECCE 13 & ECAB 6
- The highlight event for the European chemical engineering and biotechnology community
- Cross-linking disciplines and organisations to span the bridge from R&D to the industrial practice
- High-profile international keynote and plenary speakers
- Industry exhibition and plenty of networking opportunities
- Satellite sessions organised by partners
- Virtual poster exhibition with opportunities for discussion, interactive workshops and panel discussions
- Special offerings for students and young scientists
Topics for ECCE/ECAB 2021
- Modelling, Measurement & Process Control
(digitalisation, AI, process modelling, molecular modelling, automation, smart (bio)sensors, process control, CAPE/PSE, plant safety, containments, ...)
ENGINEERING PROCESSES, PRODUCTS, …
- Chemical & Bioprocesses
(bioreactors, integrated continuous bio-manufacturing, single-use reactors, scale-up, process intensification, particle technology, fluid process engineering, multiphase systems, process and plant design, modular production, materials for 3D printing, product design, new materials, ...)
- Separation technologies/ downstream processing
(membranes, fluid separations, adsorption, crystallization, chromatography…)
- Chemical and Biocatalysis
(catalyst characterization, heterogenous catalysis, enzyme technology, protein engineering, cell-free systems, chemo-enzymatic syntheses, microbial fuel cells & electrosyntheses, ...)
… AND LIFE:
- Biological Production Systems
(systems biology, metabolic engineering, synthetic biology, cell culture technology, biofilms, ...)
FINDING NEW ROUTES
- Sustainable production, low carbon & circular (bio)economy, clean water
(C1 feedstocks, plant/algae biotechnology, food production, biorefineries, recycling/waste utilisation, bio-leaching, electrochemical processes, process electrification, (waste)water technologies, bio-based products (fuels, polymers, chemicals), ...)
- Energy: Generation and storage, energy and chemical engineering
(H2 Economy, H2 technologies, power-to-x...)
PREPARING FOR THE FUTURE
- Novel ways of education and training
Curriculum Development & Transformation, e-Learning & e-Assessment, Teaching Engineering, Design, Safety & Sustainability, CHARMING